The Nedbank cheque account is your complete solution to linking to other products and services. The cheque account provides a safe and convenient cashless mechanism for the payment of goods and other services. It also gives you access to a range of sophisticated financial services such as home loans and instalment credit.
Features & Benefits
- A safe payment mechanism and depository for excess working cash
- A cheque guarantee card will guarantee your cheques for up to a limit of E5 000.
- A vehicle for borrowing money from the bank (overdraft facilities)
- Transfer funds and withdraw cash
- Reduces the need to carry large amounts of cash as it is a widely accepted payment mechanism
- Private account holders are provided with their cheque books and ATM cards at competitive prices
- Interest earned can be off-set against charges incurred
- For the SME, it provides a permanent record of accounts that have been paid
- Free monthly statement
- Provides a means for accessing other financial services including debit orders, electronic funds transfers and overdraft facilities
The cheque account cannot only be accessed by means of a cheque but by an ATM card, debit card, stop order, debit order, electronic payment transfer and third party payment.
Who is it for?
The Nedbank cheque account is designed for use by:
- Private individuals
- Immediate family members of existing Nedbank clients
- Small and Medium businesses
- Companies and Corporations
- Informal bodies
Lost Cheque book
In the event that you misplace your cheque book, report the event to your nearest Nedbank branch. Your cheque book will be stopped immediately and the rest of the pages will be blocked so that no payments can be made from that cheque book.